onsdag 4 mars 2009

Tema

I´m in Africa... I feel so many things it´s hard to express it in words. It´s a whole new world, and yet not. I´m really happy to be here! The first thing that crossed my mind when we landed in Lagos in Nigeria was the humidity, soon after they turned off the AC it became sticky inside the plane. We had to wait a while in Lagos because they put fuel in. Unfortunately we had to stay inside the plane for security reasons. After an hour or so the plane took off for Accra in Ghana. It´s only 40 minutes between the two cities. With some hours delayal i finally stepped out in the Ghanaian night. My local supervisor, Kajsa, stood waving at me and we drove back to her house in Tema, which is about half an hour east of the capital. This morning I woke up early, hearing birds I have never heard before, and I saw the sun... Later today I´ll go with Kajsa to Accra, she has a meeting at her job so I guess I´ll do some sightseeing! Then lunch with a friend of hers, can´t wait to try out the Ghanaian cuisine, which is said to be one of the best in Africa, and not only by the Ghanaians themselves!
I hope you are all well, please write me...

3 kommentarer:

  1. Saknar dig! Ta hand om dig!
    Kramar
    Zina

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hej Jessica! Låter spännande, hur var "the cuisine"? And tell us more about the birds :) Miss you,
    Clara

    SvaraRadera
  3. Wow, looking forward to see the pictures of birds, cities, delicious food...We are doing well, I am trying to write my momories of Voluntary service so they can be my "intership" I would really like to finish next year with my studies, wish me luck. Kisses from Paris, Nuria

    SvaraRadera